Compare Your Options:
Auction Vs. Traditional Listing
The Harcourts Auctions process has over a 90%
list to sell ratio.
On average, in an area, the list to sell ratio is
- Auctions have a bidding to start from price or no price,
allowing a negotiation up.
- The marketplace does not know the sellers expectations
or their final number.
- There is no ceiling to the value.
- Market decides the value.
- Buyers are focused on what the property has to offer
without the distraction of a list price.
- Auctions are subject to a sellers confidential expectation/
reserve, allowing a seller to be in complete control at all
- Traditional listings have a ‘for sale’ price.
- The list price immediately tells a buyer what the seller will
accept and what the buyer does not need to pay.
- Buyers will always try and negotiate and offer below the list
- Buyers are focused on how much less they can buy the
property for and how much they can negotiate the list price.
- If the property is not selling the only option is to reduce
- In a traditional sale the buyer knows the sellers reserve price
–because it’s the list price.
- All inspections, reports and disclosures are completed
- When a property sells at auction it is sold on an ‘as is’
- The buyer is required to complete all due diligence before
signing the non-contingent purchase agreement.
- During the auction process the seller is in control and the
seller dictates the terms.
- In a traditional listing the buyer offers a purchase
agreement, lists their terms and inspection periods.
- Buyer completes due diligence after making the seller agree
to the purchase agreement.
- During contingency periods buyer has the ability to ask for
repairs, price reductions and extended time to close.
- During the traditional process the buyer is in control.
- Auction have a set sale date – auction day.
- Set date tells buyers the seller is motivated to sell, although
- Forces buyers to make a decision and creates a sense of
urgency amongst buyers.
- Buyers are more likely to view an auction property before a
traditional listing, allowing seller to captivate the entire
- Set date allows market value to be found quicker as the
process creates urgency and encourages buyers to make an
offer for fear of missing out.
- Traditional listings are marketed without timeline and with no
set date for sale.
- Traditional marketing can be described as a passive approach
with no set strategy.
- Can take up to months to obtain valuable feedback and
discover market value.
- No set date means buyers are not forced to make a decision.
- Buyers keep looking at other property whilst watching the
sellers property continuously sit on the market.
- Buyers will wait for a price reduction because they have no
call to action.
- Viewings and showings are restricted to Open House times
only, to further assist qualifying interested buyers.
- Listing agent is always in attendance during showings to
sell the home and defend any feedback.
- Agents able to monitor feedback from buyers as all open
house attendees must give their information before
- Interested parties must all view within the same open
- All people are called if an offer is received prior to auction
to ensure equal chance and best possible outcome.
- Listing agent may put a lock box on the property and allow
buyers to go through the property at any time.
- Buyers permitted to view the property alone – gives them a
feeling that they are the only one interested in the property.
- Agent has a disconnect to the buyers feedback as they
aren’t present during the viewings and do not understand
the true features and benefits of the property.n.
Our Auction listings have experienced at least
50% more inquiry than a traditional listing with every
property receiving at least one offer before auction day
Traditional listings received at
least 50% less inquiry, which means
RETHINK REAL ESTATE.
We are not getting rid of traditional real estate. Rather, we
are providing a new innovative personalized solution. Our
auction platform steers you away from distressed homes
and works towards your everyday, luxury home.
We want you to feel at home starting now, as we personally navigate you through the auction process. We are committed to offering personalized, passionate, innovative guidance through every step. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned seller, our mission is to give you the blueprint for absolute success. We are measured by your complete and utter peace of mind.
We aspire to be the leading name in home auctions in the United States and
globally. We seek to completely redefine and reinvent auction by bringing an
unparalleled level of expertise to every sense of the word. Built on transparency, trust, and a continuous drive for success, we will vastly surpass all
others in our field.
Absolute honesty and clear communication are essential to us. Our
seamless and straightforward auction process is crafted so you feel
complete peace of mind from start to finish. We don’t just want you to
feel secure; we want you to feel at home.
We are dynamic and we are continually evolving to ensure
we consistently deliver positive results. To us – results
translate into much more than monetary value.
Results are about you. Your complete satisfaction is
Our platform is one you can trust with complete confidence. We’ve
helped clients from all over the world successfully buy and sell homes
with our proven auction platform, generating more than $4 billion in
total property value. Built on more than 125 years of success, we bring a
level of unparalleled skill and experience. But don’t take our word for it:
let us show you.